7156 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP P2000 G3 10GbE iSCSI MSA technical questions

Joeri_Michiels
Occasional Visitor

HP P2000 G3 10GbE iSCSI MSA technical questions

Hello,

I've drawn up a quote for one of my customers for a HP P2000 G3 10GbE iSCSI MSA.

Now he keeps comparing my proposal to a Dell Equalogic 4100 SAN.

This device support free space balancing and connection balancing.

I'm looking for documentation that tells me that these features are also supported with the HP P2000.

Could you point me to the right direction (pdf's, url's,...) ?

Also my customer is inquiring if all disk slots have seperate power regulation.  Can you confirm that this is the case ?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Joeri

2 REPLIES 2
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hi, 

as HP probably has different names for the features you're looking for - could you explain what they actually offer?

Joeri_Michiels
Occasional Visitor

Hello,

According to my customer the SAN needs to offer an automatic disk and raid management system which includes free space balancing and connection balancing.  Data is assigned to disks in such a way that an optimal performance is achieved.  In addition is needs to be possible to extend the data storage with shutting down the system.

According to me this refers to Dell's Equalogic  Capacity Load Balancing (CLB) feature.  More details on this technology are on

http://www.google.be/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCUQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.community.dell.com%2Fdell-groups%2Fdtcmedia%2Fm%2Fmediagallery%2F19949521%2Fdownload.aspx&ei=Ol9-UJevCMyJhQeu84DIDg&usg=AFQjCNEFhmFjkXu_8g7L1Wr9_-gjb6dP4A&sig2=U-6NUovEZkSgYQKZ6PS5nA

Can the HP P2000 offer the same or similar technology ? If so please send me a link or documentation.

Thanks

Regards,

Joeri