1748246 Members
2928 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

HP P2000 G3 iSCSI - storage controller not operating

UnknownQuantity

HP P2000 G3 iSCSI - storage controller not operating

Hello,

Please forgive my ignorance as I am fairly new to managing SAN and iSCI devices. 

I am currently getting intermitent connection to the LUN and Storage of our P2000 SAN. 

Initially our vCentre appliance lost connection to all of the LUNs on the SAN.

A restart of the Management and Storage controllers brought 2 of the 3 LUNs back temporarily but after some time it has dropped off of our vCentre (Shows the LUN but reports 0 disk available and 0 used)

We then shut the storage controllers down and pulled the power on the storage controller which had the same result as above.

. I can ping the address for each of the manaement interfaces and telnet/ssh into each of them. However the storage controller seems to be stuck in a "not read for the operation" state. 

Can I get some help in where to look for logs in the system and also if another restart would be worth it?

2 REPLIES 2
arun_r
HPE Pro

Re: HP P2000 G3 iSCSI - storage controller not operating

Hello,

The issue requires in depth log analysis to proceed further.

Log a support case with HPE using the following web link, if the unit is under warranty:

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/home

Log a chat support case with HPE using the following web link to check for options, if the unit is out of warranty:

https://pg-receiver-pro.glb.itcs.hpe.com/WCLWeb/WCLEntry.aspx

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Re: HP P2000 G3 iSCSI - storage controller not operating

You can try power off complete MSA and take out one controller for few inch. Then power up the MSA by single controller only. If the array come up fine then you can physically insert other controller as well.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

***********************************************************************************

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo