6358 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP P2000 MSA downgraded error

mrkashifkahn
Collector

HP P2000 MSA downgraded error

Hi,

I have HP P2000 SAN Storage MSA G3, last week I'd logged into the SAN Storage and analyzed that there is a degraded error on the enclosure, I further checked the logs and events then examined there is an issue with FlashCard. Also, the firmware is old TS250P003 which can be upgraded up to the newly available.

1) I need to know the steps for upgrading the firmware that how to upgrade from the current version to the latest one.

2) CompactFlash is a temporary memory (I believed) and if replaced the faulty one there should not affect on the SAN configuration (Need to confirm)

Your valuables feedback and response will be highly appreciated. 

Regards,

Kashif.

8 REPLIES 8
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

For firmware see

https://h41111.www4.hpe.com/storage/msafirmware.html

For the memory card order a spare part, since it is specially prepared.

It is used to save the cache during a power outage.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

@mrkashifkahn 

Regarding firmware update you can update directly to TS252P005. Please find the link to get the  firmware,

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5111384&swItemId=MTX_89ecaf1f05e94eb0a1d614d7e8&swEnvOid=4168

Also from the same link you can refer to "Installation Instruction" tab to get procedure about the same. You can also refer the below link to get the release notes where you need to look for "Installation instructions" section,

https://downloads.hpe.com/pub/softlib2/software1/pubsw-linux/p1485086127/v126190/740672-402.html

You can also refer to below SMU guide and refer page no 83 and 150 to get firmware update procedure as well,

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c02520791

Coming to Compact Flash card, if this card failed then Controller will enable write-through mode which results in reduced I/O performance. MSA vdisk or volume information stored in drive metadata so there is no issue if you replace CF cards and no configuration will be lost. Please find the link to get CF card Spare part number,

https://partsurfer.hpe.com/Search.aspx?searchText=768079-001

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I am an HPE employee

***********************************************************************************

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
AnilThakurHPE
Occasional Advisor

Hi ,

As per your current FW code which you said T250 , from here you can directly upgrade to latest FW code which is TS252.And for Compact Flash Card error(CF) , just do a single reboot of the controller and see if error goes away .If it still shows CF card error , it is a time for you to replace.

before replacing the card make sure there are no stuck un-writable cache anywhere by issuing a command from cli console# show unwritable-cache and  also check every volume is up  and accessible.

in case of any confusion , do not hesitate to contact HPE support line.

All the best.

Thanks,

Anil Thakur@HPE 

I am a HPE Employee
mrkashifkahn
Collector

Hi,

Thank you for the response and solution as well, I tried to download the firmware from HPE website but it required active SAID which I don't have either one of my servers is in warranty and I linked that server information with my account but still no luck for downloading the firmware.

Its look weird that you cannot download and any tool or software from HPE Website until you have an active SAID? 

Is there any alternate link you will suggest to download the firmware?

Thanks.

HPE stopped giving driver/firmware without having valid active Contract ID with HPE. There is cost involved to produce driver/firmware as well. So in order to get them people who are using HPE products need to have active support contract with HPE.

Still if you get any external link to get the driver/firmware then there is no guarantee that it will be authentic and safe to use because most of the time this type of download fetches trojan virus or similar virus as well.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I am an HPE employee

***********************************************************************************

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
mrkashifkahn
Collector

This is not good for IT Admins, especially who is taking care of HP Devices without an active contract cannot even upgrade the firmware. 

I am searching the Compact Card for purchasing, if you can share the details regarding the purchase or refer me any authorized HP distributor in GCC please let me know. 

Thank you for your support.

Kashif.

Not sure about direct sales contact but you can check the below link to get Storage sales contact or you can use Live Chat option,

https://www.hpe.com/in/en/contact-hpe.html

Requesting others if you have any sales contact as per Kashif's requirement please help him.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I am an HPE employee

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
Parvez_Admin
Community Manager

Hi Kashif,

You can reach our pre-sales team using this link HPE Sales Chat and they will be able to assist you. Alternatively you can look for re-seller partner here for GCC.

Also find the Support Numbers for all regions who can direct you to the local contacts.

Thanks,
Parvez_Admin
I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
CM_Cert_Logo_Color.png