4510 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP SAN Switch 2/16 Brocade

BR794491
Advisor

HP SAN Switch 2/16 Brocade

Hi
We have an unusual problem here. An HP SAN 2/16 switch is operating correctly on the SAN. There is a problem with IP on it though. I can only connect over IP from one host (one that has maintained continuous contact with it to monitor traffic via snmp). All other hosts are unable to ping the switch or connect to it.
I don't want to reboot the switch completely. Is there a way simply to restart the IP stack, or do I have to change the IP number to a different one, apply it. Connect to the new number and change it back? Do changes of this nature require a reboot?
Many thanks in advance
regards
Jon
3 REPLIES 3
BR844575
Advisor

Re: HP SAN Switch 2/16 Brocade

is the host that can ping the switch on the same ip range of the others?

I would try to change thhe ipaddress using ipaddrset
Changing the ip address does not require reboot.

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

And somewhere there is a serial cable which came with the switch. You can also use that to establish a terminal session and change the IP address with the "ipaddrset" command.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Eric Clark

Any straight-through serial cable will work for this, just make sure it's not null-modem. Your Cisco Catalyst serial cable won't work.