1752780 Members
6217 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Storageworks 4/32B SAN Switch

Abdul R Miyanji
Occasional Contributor

HP Storageworks 4/32B SAN Switch

I have got 2, HP Storagewoks 4/32 SAN Switches with the latest firmware of v5.2.1b. I am getting the following error message on both SAN switches when I try to use the Performance monitor tool using the web tool:
"got invalid domain id -1 or domain id is missing in fabricinfo data page"

Both SAN switches have been configured with a domain id, switch 1 with domaid id 1 and switch 2 with domain id 2. The 2 SAN switches are not connected together and configured into 2 independant fabric.

Any idea what is wrong?

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Nothing really. Domain 1 is simply the default domain number; it looks like the web tool wants to see something other than the default. It is "recommended" that it be changed from the default, so that if a new switch (still with the default of 1) is added, it will be able to connect.
(Which has always seemed a rather specious argument to me; there would still be a problem with a second unset switch added.)

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Abdul R Miyanji
Occasional Contributor

Sheldom, thanks for your reply. As for your recommendation to change the dafault domain id of 1, I have done that on the second switch to domain id 2 and I get the same error on the switch with domain id 2 as well.
BR711698

Hello

i have the same issue with two 4/16 Switches with FabricOS 5.2.0b.

Domain ID 1 & 2 on Switches. Either on ID 1 oder ID 2 i receive the same error. Changing ID to 12 doesn't solve the problem.
Imad Sajadea

Hi,

This seems to be an issue with the firmware. I have 5.2.0a on Brocade 4100, and they exhibit the same issue. I will be trying the firmware update and will let you know the results, as I did not have the issue prior to Firmware upgrade.