Did you mean: 

HPE MSA 1040 - VSphere 6.5 Upd2

SOLVED
Go to solution
HRM2
Occasional Visitor

HPE MSA 1040 - VSphere 6.5 Upd2

Good Day,

We are using an HPE MSA 1040  with the firmware GL225P002.   We are also interested in moving to

VSphere 6.5 Upd2.

The VSphere Compatibility guide says this MSA 1040 is good up to VSphere 6.5 Upd1.   We want to move it to upd 2 instead.  

The HP  support rep I mentioned this to on the phone thought it shouldn't be a problem.   

Is this idea OK?   Or a bad idea?

Thank you,

HRM

3 REPLIES 3

Re: HPE MSA 1040 - VSphere 6.5 Upd2

ESX 6.5 U2 not yet tested with MSA1040 

As per SPOCK till ESX 6.5 U1 only supported officially

Attached is the screenshot for your reference.ESX support.JPG

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I am an HPE employee

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

***********************************************************************************

HRM2
Occasional Visitor

OK.   Thank you Subhajit.    This is very helpful info.

I know HPE just came out with firmware updates for this MSA 1040 even though they did not include VSphere 6.5 UPD2.

Is there any chance they still might do the 6.5 UPD2 this for this MSA 1040?   I don't quite know the lifecycle logic. Are the larger  VSphere 6.5 UPD2  updates  now off the table because of aging  of this unit?

Thank you.

HRM

Solution

MSA 1040 is old product now and as of now there is no news I am aware that ESX 6.5 U2 will be supported or not. I would suggest you to check SPOCK before implementing any configuration.

Also request you to mark the forum as resolved if there is no more outstanding query from your end on this issue.

This will help for everyone who are all following your forum.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I am an HPE employee

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

***********************************************************************************