New Discussion

Re: HP MSA 2052

SOLVED
Go to solution
ePicNet
Occasional Contributor

HPE MSA 2052

Hi,

I'm planning on setting up a HPE 2052 with automatic tiering enabled. I have a couple of question I hope someone could answer:

1) Using two SSD drive in RAID1 for the performance tier, if a single SSD fails and the Health  of the disk group effected would the SAN disable this as a performance Tier and move the data to the Standard tier (to maintain data integrity)?

2) IIs it possible to disable the performance tier in the event of a failed disk in the RAID1 SSD group?

Thanks in advance for your help

Neil

3 REPLIES 3

@ePicNet 

Please find the answers,

1) Using two SSD drive in RAID1 for the performance tier, if a single SSD fails and the Health  of the disk group effected would the SAN disable this as a performance Tier and move the data to the Standard tier (to maintain data integrity)?

>> Yes your understanding is correct. System will automatically drain all pages from SSD to next spinning drive tier which is configured. Provided you have sufficient space available in spinning tier. This occurs because similar wear across the SSDs is likely, so more failures may be imminent.

2) IIs it possible to disable the performance tier in the event of a failed disk in the RAID1 SSD group?

>> No need as system will do it automatically.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I am an HPE employee

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
ePicNet
Occasional Contributor

Hi SUBHAJIT KHANBARMAN,

Thank you very much for your response, 

Best regards

Neil

Solution

@ePicNet 

Do you have any outstanding query on this topic?

If you have no further query and you are satisfied with the answer then kindly mark the forum as resolved so that everyone who are following this forum will get the update.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I am an HPE employee

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

****************************************************************************************

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo