1748020 Members
4555 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

HPE MSA 2060 Storage

chouaibaz
Collector

HPE MSA 2060 Storage

I have a storage MSA 2060, contains 6 SAS disks and 2 SSD disks, I created the 6 SAS disks with RAID5 but I can not create the second group of disks with SSD, here is the message

echec

Impossible de créer le groupe de disques dgA02.

Une licence de couche de performance est nécessaire pour effectuer cette opération.

4 REPLIES 4
Cali
Honored Contributor

Re: HPE MSA 2060 Storage

Hi,

bad news.

You need the "HPE MSA 2060 Advanced Data Services E-LTU R2C33AAE" License.

From QuickSpec:

https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/gethtml.aspx?docname=a00094629enw&search=msa2060

"Configurations which have a mixture of both SSDs and HDDs within the same system being used as a capacity tier (excluding SSD Read Cache), will require the Advanced Data Service Suite LTU.  This rule applies to the system level and therefore the license is required regardless of whether the drives are configured for auto-tiering within the same pool.  Configurations with all SSDs or SSD Read Cache extension do not require a license on the MSA2060 array."

Cali

ACP IT Solutions AGI'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.
ArunKKR
HPE Pro

Hi,

Could you confirm whether the model number of MSA is MSA 2060 or 2062.

MSA 2062 goes pre-installed with 2 SSD drives and has performance tier license as well part of it.

However, MSA 2060 models require purchase of separate performance tier license.

You may use the MSA serial number in search box of below web link to confirm the model description:

https://partsurfer.hpe.com/search.aspx

As mentioned by Cali SSD read cache does not require a license.

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

chouaibaz
Collector

hello,

I used the MSA serial number in the search box and checked, the description of the model is : 

HPE MSA 2060 16GB FIBRE CHANNEL SFF STORAGE

ArunKKR
HPE Pro

Hi,

Since the model number is MSA 2060, a separate license is needed to use SSD drives as part of performance tier disk group.

SSD hard drives could be used as Read cache disk groups or normal disk groups.

No license is needed if you intend to use SSD drives as read cache disk groups.

However, a separate license is needed if you intend to use SSD drives as normal performance tier disk group.

Information shared by Cali earlier holds good.

From quickspecs:

Configurations which have a mixture of both SSDs and HDDs within the same system being used as a capacity tier (excluding SSD Read Cache), will require the Advanced Data Service Suite LTU.  This rule applies to the system level and therefore the license is required regardless of whether the drives are configured for auto-tiering within the same pool.  Configurations with all SSDs or SSD Read Cache extension do not require a license on the MSA2060 array.

https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/gethtml.aspx?docname=a00094629enw&search=msa2060

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo