MSA Storage
1754016 Members
7615 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HPE MSA2040 Dual Controller Modular Smart Array - Error "The coin battery is missing, has r

Aod15
Occasional Advisor

HPE MSA2040 Dual Controller Modular Smart Array - Error "The coin battery is missing, has reached

Hi ,

This case we can replace The coin battery on controller (yes or No)?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: HPE MSA2040 Dual Controller Modular Smart Array - Error "The coin battery is missing, has r

@Aod15 

You need to replace the Controller.

Please refer MSA Event Descriptor Guide and recommendations,

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=c03791995 (Page no 37)

Event ID 246

Warning

The coin battery is not present, is not properly seated, or has reached end-of-life. The battery provides backup power for the real-time (date/time) clock. In the event of a power failure, the date and time will revert to 1980-01-01 00:00:00.

Recommended actions

•Replace the controller module that logged this event

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I am an HPE employee

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
Aod15
Occasional Advisor

HI ,

If we not replace controller , It has effect this MSA 2040 (yet or no), I has attach file "warning of cion battery on controller A and B.

Thank you very much.

Aod15

Josh94K
HPE Pro

Hello @Aod15 
Hope you are doing well, 
Its best to have both the controllers up and running for redudancy and performance purpose. 
Incase the other(working) controller fails, it might led to potential outage, 
I would advice you to replace the same at the earliest. 

@Aod15   I hope this helps! 
If you feel this was helpful, Please HIT that KUDOS!  thumb below!

Note: "While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company."

Accept or Kudo

I work for HPE.
Aod15
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

I need instruction for HP MSA 2040 Controller peplacement krub.

Aod15
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

This case , It has effect data loss(yes or no), If We need replaceent controller parts.   

Kindly sent docment for controller replacement .

Thank you very much.

Aod15

rakesh_93
HPE Pro

Hi @Aod15 

The purpose of the coin battery is to provide backup power for the real-time clock. This error has no impact on data.

If both controllers are operational and the only error is the coin battery, there should be no issues using it as it is. You may continue using these controllers.

In the event of a power failure, the date and time will reset and you will have to manually set the date/time again.

Here are the instructions to replace the controller if you choose to in the future :

HPE MSA Controller Module Replacement Instructions

Regards

Rakesh S

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo