MSA Storage
1753465 Members
4429 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HPE P2000 G3 STORAGE - DISK REPLACEMENT AND VDISK REBUILD AFTER HARD DRIVE FAILURE

Androclarion
Occasional Visitor

HPE P2000 G3 STORAGE - DISK REPLACEMENT AND VDISK REBUILD AFTER HARD DRIVE FAILURE

I need to know the correct procedure if I have a full capacity hard drive bays (12 X 600Gb HDD each) on RAID 5 and one of my Hard drives health is marked as Fault/Failed and degrated.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: HPE P2000 G3 STORAGE - DISK REPLACEMENT AND VDISK REBUILD AFTER HARD DRIVE FAILURE

Procedure would be simple,

1> Replace the failed drive with new good drive with same type

2> Configure this new drive as dedicated spare or Global spare. If your system having Dynamic spare setting already configured then the moment you insert new drive Vdisk rebuild will start

3> Then you can just wait for the Vdisk reconstruction to gets completed.

Please let me know if you look for any more information.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

***********************************************************************************

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
Androclarion
Occasional Visitor

Re: HPE P2000 G3 STORAGE - DISK REPLACEMENT AND VDISK REBUILD AFTER HARD DRIVE FAILURE

Will do and I let you know... Thank you.

Nidheesh1986
Occasional Advisor

May I please know what procedure should i follow if more than 1 harddisks are failed?  Thank you

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @Nidheesh1986,

Thank you for writing to us. 

You might want to consider creating a new topic by utilizing the ""New Discussion"" button, as this will not only enhance visibility compared to the old topic but also boost your chances of receiving responses from experts.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo