7824 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion

HPE P2000 G3 firmware problem

IT-Dreamer
Occasional Contributor

HPE P2000 G3 firmware problem

Hi

We have a P2000 G3 that has a 'broken' controller but I need some help and advice.  The firmware version is not listed for this product.  Here's the healthy controller and below the 'broken one:

healthy.jpgbroken.jpg

The storage controller code version is T252R10- and -02 for the healthy one, which I cannot find listed anywhere.  Can I upgrade both to the current firmware or should I take a stepped approach.

I appreciate any help and advice you can give, I have inherited this setup.

Thanks

Pete

3 REPLIES 3
Shawn_K
HPE Pro

Re: HPE P2000 G3 firmware problem

Hello Pete,

TS252R10-02 is MSA P2000 Bundel version TS252P001. The good news is you are not that far back from the latest released version. You can confirm the Storage Controller version by reviewing release notes.

Capture.JPG

Here is a link to the TS252P001 release notes: https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_474cd8362e0e4ffea414bd8d50#tab4

My suggestion would be to restart the B controller which is currently down. You cannot upgrade that controller until it is back online. If you go into the CLI on controller A you could restart the B controller by issuing the following command:

# restart SC B

Once the B controller is online you can cofirm the firmware version and upgrade as necessary. For a quick reference of your controller, enclosure, and drive firmware please refer to the MSA Firmware site: https://h41111.www4.hpe.com/storage/msafirmware.html

Cheers,
Shawn

I work for Hewlett Packard Enterprise. The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from HPE. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

IT-Dreamer
Occasional Contributor

Hi

Thanks for your response and help, I have restarted the controller through the GUI and CLI but it still reports a fault, "the controller is not operational" so I assume it's dead. 

Regards

Pete

Shawn_K
HPE Pro

Hi,

One last option you might try is to physically remove the controller by pulling it out of the slot a couple of inches so it disengages from the midplane of the enclosure. Wait a few minutes and then plug it back in. If it does not come back online you can still open a support case for further assistance.

Cheers,
Shawn

I work for Hewlett Packard Enterprise. The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from HPE. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo