MSA Storage
1753495 Members
4819 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HSG80 Controller Problems

Tsigos John

HSG80 Controller Problems

After the replacement of both ECB??s in a HGS80 Dual Controller System, and trying to set a configuration the "Invalid cache module" message appears. Is it possible both cache modules need replacement? Is it any procedure that I must do (even the command set is reduced) in order to set a configuration? I can not run the FRUTIL.

See attached file for more info...

Thanks
J.
4 REPLIES 4
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Something went wrong during ECB replacement. If you are sure that the data in the cache is still valid, you can clear the error with (on one line):

HSG> CLEAR_ERRORS THIS_CONTROLLER INVALID_CACHE NODESTROY_UNFLUSHED_DATA

else use DESTROY_UNFLUSHED_DATA. Afterwards I'd at least run a file system consistency check.
Tsigos John

Dear Uwe

Thanks for your swift response!!!
I gave the suggested command but the same message appears "CLI Command set is reduced" and as you can understand I can not do a thing! I can├В┬┤t even set the date/time.
Some times after I type the command it doesn├В┬┤t completely appears at the prompt, so I get a "Incomplete command" message.

I don├В┬┤t care about the data since i want to reconfigure the system from scratch.
How can I reset the whole system, delete the current configuration and start a new ?
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

It's a critical command, so you are not allowed to abbreviate the input.

The command to reset the controller's configuration is...

HSG> CONFIGURATION RESET

Make sure you have the WWN and checksum available. It is possible that this command is not allowed in your current situation, so you might need to do that through the OCP:

1. Push and hold port button #5 and then momentarily press the reset (//) button.

2. Continue holding the port button until the port button #5 LED starts FLASHING.

3. Release the port button.
Tsigos John

Dear Uwe

Thanks for your Help

John