1753528 Members
5169 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HSG80 Correct procedure to replace failed disk

Ian Coupe
Occasional Contributor

HSG80 Correct procedure to replace failed disk

I am new to the HSG80, i have found a document on how to replace a failed disk in a Raidset or Mirrorset, can someone confirm this for me please.
1.Quiesce the bus
2.Remove failed disk from the failed set.
3.Remove defective drive.
4.Quiesce the bus
5.Install replacement drive.
6.Add the new disk to the spareset.
2 REPLIES 2
CA1256535
Advisor

Re: HSG80 Correct procedure to replace failed disk

RAIDSET:

Check that the failed disk is part of the failedset. The failedset contains disk drives that were removed from service either by the controller or by the user.

HSG80> SHOW FAILEDSET

Enter the DELETE FAILEDSET and DELETE DISKnnnnn commands before physically removing failed members from the storage shelf for testing, repair, or replacement.

HSG80> DELETE FAILEDSET DISKnnnnn
HSG80> DELETE DISKnnnnn

Then replace the failed disk.

HSG80> RUN CONFIG

Add the new disk drive to the spareset.
The spareset is a pool of drives available to the controller to replace failing members of storagesets.

HSG80> ADD SPARESET DISKnnnnn

If the raidset that the failed disk device was part of is running in reduced state, then the controller automatically removes the new disk from the spareset and adds it to the raidset.
If the controller had a spareset when the disk failed, then the controller already have added a disk to the raidset and the state is normal.

If the spareset contains other disks than the one you just added and you want the new disk to become part of the failed raidset again, then you must first remove the other disks from the spareset (remember to add them again).

HSG80> DELETE SPARESET DISKnnnnn ! remove the other disks from the
! spareset
HSG80> SET RAIDset-name REMOVE=DISKnnnnn ! removes a disk from the raidset
! and adds it to the failedset

When you removes a disk from the raidset and a replacement policy is specified, the controller automatically adds a replacement disk from the spaceset to replace the removed member.

HSG80> ADD SPARESET DISKnnnnn ! add the disk you just removed
! from the spareset
HSG80> DELETE FAILEDSET DISKnnnnn ! the disk you removed from the
! raidset must be removed from the
! failedset and added back to the
HSG80> ADD SPARESET DISKnnnnn ! spareset.
Eduardo70_86
Occasional Contributor

settings HSG80

I'm working with a group of servers alpha and I have to configure the storage works, then I need to create a storage set, therefore I work with a controller hsg80, my problem is that I need the CLI command to allow me to display the diveces of the storage works.. like DISK10000 

DISK20100 
DISK30100
DISK30200

some one know what is this command?