MSA Storage
1752810 Members
5995 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Help Expand a Raid Set in HSG80

Ehab Abass

Help Expand a Raid Set in HSG80

I have an MA8000 with couple of Raid sets, I would like to expand one of them by adding new drives and eventually extend the drive within windows. I have very little experience with the product, any help appreciated

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Ehab:

I do not recall there being a way to increase the size of a storageset on an HSG80 once it was initialized. I could be wrong though.

I know there is a a way to concatenate storage sets, but that is usually done before initialization.

Either way, can you give us more information about your system?... more specifically, your ACS version?

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Ehab Abass

ACS version 86S-4, 2 HSG80 controllers, the one set I'm looking to expand is Raid5 with 6x72GB drives
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

A concatset can be added later on.

> add concatset C1 R1
> create your raidset, R2...
> set C1 add=R2

Last time I checked, it could only be done once.
CA1004210
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Last time I did this - I used concatset - restrictions are you can not delete a member storage set once it is part of the concatset and it is a one time operation only.

Ofcourse the storage array level concatset operation is complete - use device manager under Windows to rescan your disk devices and then use either "Diskpart" (utility from Microsoft) to extend your basic disk partitions or if you are already using dynamic disks then just right click and extend it.

Regards,
Saket.