1747984 Members
4235 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Help Troubleshooting MSA2024 / MSA2324fc

gbarcalow
Occasional Advisor

Help Troubleshooting MSA2024 / MSA2324fc

We moved our office the week before last and when everyting was put back together I notices that on controller B there was a flashing amber light. I check the management interface and it was reporitng that the controller had failed. The enclosure was degraded. I tried to reboot it a couple of times but was always met wtih the "controller is not up". I pulled it and reseated it more times that I care to admit, but always the amber light.

So I called my parts guy and orderd a replacement. It came in, I pulled the old controller and put in the replacement controller and the LED 6 just flashes forever (FRU-OK). The book says that means it's booting. Everything I try on this controller comes up with "controller is not up".

The only thing I've noticed with the new controller is that it reports the CompactFlash (CF) is "Not Installed". Is that where the os/firmware is stored? Do I need to move the CF from the old amber flashing controller to the new one?

Auto-Write throught cache trigger conditions "compact-flash" is enabled.

CompactFlash Failure: Enabled

Any other adivce?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

There is no issue with the Compact Flash card of the new Controller B. It just that Controller B functional status is down and that's why Compact Flash card shows as Not Installed.

There are few possibilities here,

1> New Controller B is DOA (Dead On Arrival) part or faulty part

2> It's possible that Slot B of the main Chassis having issue where Controller B seats

3> Some of the drives may be creating issue here but very less chance

I would suggest you to shutdown the MSA completely. Then remove all drives half of each bay so that no controller can detect them. Then keep Controller A in shutdown mode only. Just power on the system with Controller B only and lets see if it's boot up properly or not. If new Controller B is good then it should come up properly.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

***********************************************************************************

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
Cali
Honored Contributor

The Compaq Flash only holds unwriten Disk Data on (Power) Failure.

Not the OS.

ACP IT Solutions AGI'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.

Can you please help us to understand if the issue got resolved or not?

If issue got resolved then how?

This will help for everyone who are all following your forum.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

***********************************************************************************

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo