MSA Storage
1752800 Members
5501 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Help connecting two new Brocade SAN switches to C7000 Enclosure. Port Mapping missing.

Eryk
Occasional Advisor

Help connecting two new Brocade SAN switches to C7000 Enclosure. Port Mapping missing.

I have 2 C7000 Blade Enclosures that I have pieced into one large one (Combined two datacenters into one location). I have 6 HP p2000 storageworks SANs that I am now trying to connect to this single C7000 and I connected two new Brocade 8/12c SAN switches (BAY 7 & 8) to support the FC connects to the added on SANS. When i go to the OA  the cards seem fine as pictured below but they arent auto mapping to any of the blades. I cant find anywhere to enable them in the OA so that all blades can see these cards and connect to their respective SANs. What am I missing? Brocade1.PNGBrocade2.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Help connecting two new Brocade SAN switches to C7000 Enclosure. Port Mapping missing.

do you have the appropriate mezzanine cards in the blades? likely not.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Eryk
Occasional Advisor

I am unsure what you are asking. Do I need a completely separate card inside each server to be able to use all 4 of these brocade switches to talk to the SAN's?

HPSDMike
HPE Pro

What they mean is that the interconnect modules are hard wired down to the mezzanine slots in the blades. If there is no FC HBA, in the mezzanine slot that the interconnect module is tied to, then there is no FC HBA in the server in which to connect to your SAN switch in Interconnect 7/8. In order for a blade to have a link to interconnect slots 7 and 8, it would need to be a quad port card (which you unlikely have). If you have a 2-port FC card installed in blade mezz slot 2 then the interconnect modules would need to be installed in slots 5/6.

Can you paste a screenshot of the installed mezzanine cards in one of the blade as shown in the onboard administrator?

C7000 Architecture Overview

https://www.hpe.com/h20195/v2/getpdf.aspx/4aa4-8125enw.pdf

BL460 Quickspec

https://www.hpe.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c04380273.pdf

I work for HPE. The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from the company. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.

Accept or Kudo

Eryk
Occasional Advisor

That is most likely the problem then yes. I will have to pull one of the blades and see what we have installed (also doubting its a quad card and I only have a card in the Mezz 1 slot).

HPSDMike
HPE Pro

You should also be able to tell by using the OA to view the details of your blade; port mappings and installed mezz hardware details. 

I work for HPE. The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from the company. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.

Accept or Kudo