1753797 Members
7194 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Help with CA (Continuous Access)

Seth Milliner
Occasional Contributor

Help with CA (Continuous Access)

At this site I have an EVA 5000, an 8000, and an 8100. I'm trying to retire the 5000, and so I'm using CA (the "Continuous Access" replication product) to replicate data off the 5000, to the 8100. We have a valid CA license on both EVA's. When I try to create a DR group on the 5000 it says, "local storage system has no available path to the remote storage system". The 8100 is rather new, so it's possible there's some step we missed for appropriate CA usage when it was setup? The Command View server is appropriately zoned to both storage systems as best as I can tell. When I go to the "Data Replication" folder on the 8100 within Command View I can see a "View remote connections" button (a button I don't see from the 5000 within CV). But when I click that button, it says "Total relationships with this system: 0" and at the bottom is says "***There are no remote systems visible to the local system.***". Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated. We're attempting to vacate the 5000 and will need CA working to make our deadline.

Help?!

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Chris Callihan_1
Frequent Advisor

do you have the EVA controllers zoned so that they can see each other ??
that could be your problem.
seth.milliner

Hi C.

Yeah, I fixed it yesterday a couple hours after posting this. I had been told by HP, some time ago, that to properly implement "single initiator zoning" that two storage systems should never be in the same zone (separate zones, each with a common host instead). Replication, it seems, is the exception to that rule.

Thanks Much.