cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Configure ISL connection on M Series Edge Switchs 2/24

aTo_1
Advisor

How to Configure ISL connection on M Series Edge Switchs 2/24

Please I need immediate help on how to establish an ISL connection between two M Series Edge Switches for CA purposes .

We Have the Physical Link up and the lights on the connected ports on both sites are on .

I need help on any special configuration required on the switches please .

Thanks
was it something I said ...!!! ;-(
4 REPLIES 4
aTo_1
Advisor

Re: How to Configure ISL connection on M Series Edge Switchs 2/24

Sorry , just to give more details :

each switch has a different Domain ID number and the connected ports are set as E_ports , we're using Long Wave SFPs on a apporximately 11 KM Single mode direct fibre media between the sites , the light on the ports is ON and BLUE as the Auto-Negotiated speed seems to be 2 GB/s .

yet I cant see any WWNs from the other Switch domain on any of the switches during the zoning configuration , inorder to create cross zones of the SMAs and controllers of both EVAs , which is what I guess I need to do inorder to continue with the CA configuration , or is it not ..!!! ???

I would really appreciate any help I can get.

MEGA thanks and KUDOs for everybody .
aTo_1
Advisor

OK ... err .. sorry again ;-) , I forgot to mention this , the view panel for the E_port properties through the web console , shows the E_port as being segmented !!, but not specifying the reason ...!!! is this segmentation normal or is it actually the problem ...??

so Thanks again good folks ... :-D
Albert_31
Trusted Contributor

Hello Atomari,

Segamentation is not good news.. it is bad news and implies that both the switches have different fabric parameters or zones which dont allow them to form a single fabric.

The following things need to be same..

a) Zones .. better still if no zones are configured..
b) Fabric parameters... all of them should match..

to name a few..ensure that the domain id's are kept different..

Setting up of ISL is pretty straight forward.. if you keep both the switches identical

regards

albert
Mikew Williams
Occasional Visitor

EmC Clariion C400 in two Sites. Both ISL in each Site Lights are ON. The ISL are the same model and the Domain ID are Different.

So fabric.idmode:1