MSA Storage
1748089 Members
4813 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: How to Save / Backup Configuration of MSL 2040?

SOLVED
Go to solution
James_T_White
Advisor

How to Save / Backup Configuration of MSL 2040?

Ok, I'v got my Dual SAS Controller MSA 2040 all configured and working.  How do I save or backup the configuration so that I can restore it in case of a catostrophic failure of both controllers?

2 REPLIES 2
Zsal
Valued Contributor
Solution

Currently, there is no such feature to backup/restore the configuration on MSA 2040. 

The firmware is designed to display the entire system configuration using the "show configuration" command.

Hope this helps!

Regards

James_T_White
Advisor

Zsal - Thanks for the response.  I suspected as much after looking at the CLI Reference Guide although I was hopping I had missed something. 

I'm using the MSA 2040 with C-7000 BladeServer enclosure and SAS Switches which do have the capability to save & restore their configurations.  I find it amazing that HP put the effort into the SAS Switch firmware to allow me to save that relatively simple configuration but didn't se fit to provide me any way to do the same for the significantly more complex configuraiton of the MSA 2040.

Hopefully, HP will see fit to rectify this in a future release of the MSA 2040 firmware.