1745875 Members
4299 Online
108723 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to connect to HP G3 P2000 Storage Array

Lee123abc
Occasional Collector

How to connect to HP G3 P2000 Storage Array

Hi all, please help me as we have recently inherited the Corporate network and last week the HP G3 P2000 Storage Array started to alert on a failed disk with an amber light. As we don't know what array was set up or if any spare disks were present we don't want to reseat the drive hoping for a miricle.

I need help from someone on how I can connect to the device, and how to see the raid array, and the setup of the device. Is the only way to connect via micro USB or can I connect through a web portal? If I need to connect via mini USB does anyone know which application I need to use to connect?

Thank you, and I appreciate your help as I am in a corner here.

Lee

4 REPLIES 4
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: How to connect to HP G3 P2000 Storage Array

Each controller has a web server running for accessing the GUI. Point your browser to the managemnt IP of one controller (http or https, depends on config).

If the IP is not known, you need to connect via USB, you need a driver for the built-in USB<->serial converter:

http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_ae894f585aee4217829954b940#tab-history

This will create a COM port at your PC, e.g. COM1.

Use something like putty -> serial connection to connect

Baud rate 115,200
Data bits 8
Parity None
Stop bits 1
Flow control None

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Lee123abc
Occasional Collector

Torsten, this is good info for me. I have downloaded the driver, infact I searched for:

HP MSA 2040/P2000 MSA USB Driver

as I am using a Win 7 laptop rather than a server to connect to the storage array. I will track down a mini usb cable now (Someone here has a digital camera) and I will attempt to log in through Putty. Appreciate your help.

Lee

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Use the correct credentials and log on.

Do a

> show controllers

to get the IP addresses.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Lee123abc
Occasional Collector

Pal, thanks for helping me here. I was able to log on, obtain IP address, then log on through the web browser. I have found out that our RAID setup is RAID5 which means we can swap the failed disk without fearing complete melt-down.

One thing though, the web portal doesn't show me the disks assigned to a vdisk. I have been looking for commands to try and found show vdisk, show volumes. I will try show disks and show disk tomorrow but are you aware how to determine which disks are assigned to the RAID group? This will just be helpful as currently the vdisk comprises of 11 disks so have to assume that 1 disk was assigned as a spare and is now in use because of the failed disk. Also I cant look at the event log to prove this as it says "no data for your selection".

Cheers