1753378 Members
4850 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to detect second-hand drives on Storageworks P2000 G3

katbert
Advisor

How to detect second-hand drives on Storageworks P2000 G3

On Proliant servers I can use System management homepage to detect drive's age (service hours)

Storage \ SmartArray controller \ Phisical drives

Action:   No Action Required

Authentication Status:   Authentication Passed

Capacity:   419.19 GB  

Model:   HP EF0450FATFE

Firmware Version:   HPDB  

Serial Number:   C.....

Smart Carrier Application Firmware Version:   11  

Smart Carrier Bootloader Firmware Version:   6

Service Hours:   59069  

S.M.A.R.T. Support:   Available

Placement:   Internal

But how to do this in Storageworks P2000 G3 GUI (or CLI)?

5 REPLIES 5
Shawn_K
HPE Pro

Hello,

Please be aware the P2000 is an End of Service Life array. The Proliant server is using Smart Carrier drive technology which is not supported with the P2000. There is no command for drive service hours with the P2000.

I work for Hewlett Packard Enterprise. The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from HPE. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.

Cheers,
Shawn

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

katbert
Advisor

I think, "service hours" reported by system mgmt homepage - this is value of SMART attribute 09 'power-on hours', not special HP feature. This SMART attribute is supported by any SATA drive and I can read it using utilities like CryslalDiskInfo on any worksatation.

So, I need to read values of SMART attributes of SAS HDD attached to P2000 box. Is it possible?

Shawn_K
HPE Pro

Hello,

The SMU (System Management Utility) does not report drive service hours. There is no CLI command that reports drive service hours on a P2000.

I work for Hewlett Packard Enterprise. The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from HPE. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.

Cheers,
Shawn

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

ArunKKR
HPE Pro

Hi,

There is no option to find the service hours in P2000 G3 MSA.

If the drive was not formatted before it is installed in the MSA, it might appear in left over state.

You could check for the HPE serial number (not vendor) on the drive and use HPE warranty page to check the drive warranty start date. This would only help if the drive is fairly new. 

The details of old drives with expired warranty might not show up in warranty page.

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/wc/public/home

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

ArunKKR
HPE Pro

Hi,

There is no option to read smart attributes of a Hard drive in MSA.

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo