1751695 Members
4830 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to download the firmware files.

BradV
Esteemed Contributor

How to download the firmware files.

Hi, I'm trying to download firmware for some MSA2324fc, MSA2324sa, and MSA70s.  I'm at the appropriate page and click the "download" button, but all that does is open the .scexe file in a browser window.  How do I save it to disk?  I've used both firefox 10 and IE 8.  Both display the same problem.

Thanks!

16 REPLIES 16
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

What exact URL are you on?

Sudhakar Subramaniam
Trusted Contributor

Hi ,

you can download the firmware from the following links.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3882365&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=3971478&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1005

the above one is for MSA 2000fc and windows 2003.

If you want to choose a different product click choose different product and different OS if required.

You can also refer the below pdf for updating the firmware.

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02520791/c02520791.pdf

regards

Sudhakar

If you find the above informative please click on the KUDOS STAR in the left to assign points.

BradV
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

The problem isn't finding where to get the firmware, I was going to:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=3957480&lang=en&cc=us&taskId=135&prodSeriesId=3971509&prodTypeId=12169 for example.  The problem is that when I click on the download button, it doesn't offer to allow me to save the file to disk, but rather opens it in a new window.  I had this same problem in both firefox and IE.  Any suggestions?

gregersenj
Honored Contributor

.scexe is files for Linux.

Also they are used as addenum for the FW CD/DVD.

To download it:

Right click the file.

Select save target as.

BR

/jag

Accept or Kudo

BradV
Esteemed Contributor

The problem is the ".fla" files.  For example, I'm trying to download firmware for an MSA2324sa. I'm on this page:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3957480&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=3971509&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=4004

In the "Firmware - SAS Storage Disk" section, I'm trying to get: "* RECOMMENDED * HP P2000/MSA2000 72GB,146GB SAS 6G SFF Hard Drive (EH0072FARWC, EH0146FARWD) Firmware (multi-part download)."

I click on the "Download" button beside "Part 1" and instead of letting me save it to disk, it opens in a browser window. I've tried it both with IE and firefox. I'm running on xp sp3.  The download button pulls up the following link in a browser window:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/pubsw-generic/p1398187605/v72871/HP_EH0072FARWC_HPD9.fla

I've gotten around it by doing an ftp session from the command line.  But this is tedious.  Is there not an iso image I can download that has all of the storage firmware on it?  I've been working for an hour and a half downloading.  :(

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

This ISO is from 2009!

So it has old versions only.

Some time ago I read an announcement about a disk firmware bundle will be released in future, but it isn't there yet :-(

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Sudhakar Subramaniam
Trusted Contributor
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

This is from march 2011 and likely still doesn't have the latest files.

Consider to try the P2000 firmware update tools version 1.0.1.0 from hp.com.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!