1752587 Members
3787 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: How to download the firmware files.

gregersenj
Honored Contributor

I have just testet, and I have no problems downloading.

Win 7 Enterprise / IE 8

Firewall problem at your end?

BR

/jag

Accept or Kudo

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

>> I click on the "Download" button beside "Part 1" and instead of letting me save it to disk, it opens in a browser window. I've tried it both with IE and firefox. I'm running on xp sp3. The download button pulls up the following link in a browser window:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/pubsw-generic/p1398187605/v72871/HP_EH0072FARWC_HPD9.fla

I've gotten around it by doing an ftp session from the command line. But this is tedious. Is there not an iso image I can download that has all of the storage firmware on it? I've been working for an hour and a half downloading. :(

This is the firmware itself for the disk model EH0072FARWC.

Did you try a right click on it and "save as ..."?

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
BradV
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the responses.  Right clicking on the download button doesn't do anything.  My main problem is these systems are not connected to the Internet.  I have to go home and download; burn it to a disc; bring it in and virus scan it; and then can apply them.  So, it really looks like it is going to take me a while.  :)

Will the support pack for proliant update the disk and controller firmware of an MSA70 that is directly attached to a DL380 G5?

Thanks!

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>The problem isn't finding where to get the firmware,

It is for us.  I was trying to duplicate your problem and you want to make that part easy.  :-)

And when I went to Sudhakar's URL, some work and right now I found one that didn't.

And your URL opens an empty page.

>The problem is the ".fla" files.

Yes for me too.  You could then use File > Save Page As but I'm not sure if would be correct?

I would recommend you use the Feedback to webmaster link at the bottom and mention this problem.

>Did you try a right click on it and "save as ..."?

This only works if you have that ftp: URL on a page.  It doesn't work on the Download button.

BradV
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I found my best method was to click on the download button, let it open in a browser window.  I then have the ftp path and file name.  I can then connect from the command line and download it.  Not terribly fast, but I'm getting there.  :)

hvhari
Esteemed Contributor

I came across an article from microsoft as below. This may help in your case.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie8-windows_other/not-prompted-to-specify-download-folder-for-file/9145e13d-df1f-492e-9ec8-29d36e8e770b

Regards,
Hari

If this post was useful , click the Kudos Star on the left side to say Thanks!
BradV
Esteemed Contributor

Looks promissing.  I'll take a look when I get home this afternoon.

Thanks!  :)