New Discussion

Re: Identifying physical disks in RAID 10 on MSA 2050

SOLVED
Go to solution
Charlie50
Visitor

Identifying physical disks in RAID 10 on MSA 2050

Hello

I have inherited a MSA 2050 SAN from my predecessor who configured the ten discs in the array as RAID 10 (undocumented of course). I may be missing something obvious but is it possible to identify which physical disks make up the RAID 1 mirrored pairs within the RAID 10? I ask because to have been ask by the client (whose application is hosted on the array) to demonstrate that we can withstand up to two disks failing within the array at the same time. My understanding of RAID 10 is this is possible as long as the two disks are not in the same mirrored pair. I can't assume that the pairs are 1.1 + 1.2, 1.3 + 1.4 etc even though that is likely to be the case. Is there anywhere within the SMU/CLI where I can identify the disk pairs?

Thanks in advance

Charlie

3 REPLIES 3
Solution

This is very good query @Charlie50. I will take this as feedback and future enhancement for this product.

As per my understanding this is not possible at this moment to see from SMU or CLI but from logs it's possible to identify so either you can log a case with HPE support or else share your system logs in private chat and I can help you in that.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

***********************************************************************************

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
Charlie50
Visitor

Hi Subhajit,

Thank you for your reply and the information.  It would be a useful feature so your feedback to the dev team would be appreciated.

I will contact you via chat with the logs,

Many thanks

Charlie

I have replied you in private chat

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

***********************************************************************************

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo