5158 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Invalid drive when add disk to disk group on P6300

Yayat Sukardi
Occasional Advisor

Invalid drive when add disk to disk group on P6300

Hi all,

I have a P6300 with detail as attached. I need to add 5 pcs disk, these new disk was AP875A, EG0300FBLSE, HPD2. Base on XCS 10000000 drive support I already upgrade drive firmware individually to HPD5 using "HDDBundled_SAS_image_2012_06_14". I used ABM to add new disk to existing disk group but the pop come up with the message "Drive unsupported" and the event log said "invalid drive was inserted, replace with eva disk drive". I attached some snapshot that might help to verify the problem. Please somebody help me to solve this issue. Thank you very much.

9 REPLIES 9
hvhari
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Invalid drive when add disk to disk group on P6300

AP875A is a supported disk for P6300.

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/13904_div/13904_div.html

You should log a case with HP Support to check this further.

Regards,
Hari

If this post was useful , click the Kudos Star on the left side to say Thanks!
Yayat Sukardi
Occasional Advisor

Thank you Hari, I wish it can be solved just with the disk drive firmare without upgrading controller software because the storage is running out of space and no backup for whole VM inside. Anyone having this problem before ? please share the solution..Thank you

giladzzz
Honored Contributor

Hi

Did you buy the disks from a reliable source because I have seen counterfeit drives if you have support contract open a call with HP.

Regards

Yayat Sukardi
Occasional Advisor

Hi Gilladz,

I have logged this case to HP support, and now the log is being investigated by HP. What do you mean "I have seen counterfeit drives", what is this look like ? I ordered these disk and come with the HP sealed box, seem to be original. How to indetify if this was counterfeit ?

hvhari
Esteemed Contributor

All the disks used in EVA has different part number from the similar capacity disks used in other units such as servers. Hence if you have a different part number disk this issue is expected. However as you initially mentioned the part number you mentioned is supported on EVAs. Hence contacting HP support and probably the vendor who has given you these disks should be the right way to proceed.

There may not be any requirement to take any action on the controller software at this moment. As you are in touch with HP support already, this should get into right direction now.

Regards,
Hari

If this post was useful , click the Kudos Star on the left side to say Thanks!
Yayat Sukardi
Occasional Advisor

On my attahment there is a snapshot named "new disk HPD2.jpg" that is the new disk that unsupported. Are there a sign that is was counterfeit drive ?

giladzzz
Honored Contributor

Hi

By counterfeit I mean drives that look like HP original but are not. I had such a case and only after I sent photos of the drives to HP they said they were not original even the supplier of the disks didn't know.I don't think this is you case I would like to hear the solution.

Regards

Yayat Sukardi
Occasional Advisor

Hi Gilladzz,

When you got counterfeit drive did you get the correct drive properties shown in your command view ? please compare with snapshot I attached on my first post. TQ

Yayat Sukardi
Occasional Advisor

Hi All,

This issue is now solved. it's so simple, HP just sent new replacement drive and done. But still don't know what happen with my drive ordered before. BTW thank you for all who joint with this issue.