1752781 Members
6131 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MPX110 iSCSI Support

Dan Kobus
Occasional Advisor

MPX110 iSCSI Support

I have had mixed answers on this and I need to be exact for a customer!! Will the MPX110 support iSCSI.

The Spec sheet states only FCIP but the user guide has iSCSI configuration information and the GUI has iSCSI configuration tabs. So there is a little confussion here. Is it FCIP only or FCIP and iSCSI??
6 REPLIES 6
msl60300

MPX110 is for FCIP only. MPX100 is for iscsi only. MPX mananager can manage both MPX100 and MPX110 thats why there is a confision.
Dan Kobus
Occasional Advisor

OK,

The MPX110 has iSCSI functionality! Open a telnet session and look at the iSCSI configuration commands!

The MPX110 is a Qlogic isr6142 that supports FCIP and iSCSI, so ether HP has disabled this function or its not supported?

Mark...
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Try using an MPX110 for iscsi then = WILL NOT WORK.
MPX100 or MPX100b is for iSCSI
MPX110 is the IP distance gateway for CA between EVA's ONLY
YES, they both use the MPX manager and YES the commands may be there but it is just a COMMON interface to manage both products.
BOTH rebadged Qlogic products.
BOTH look identical when you look at them. The only visable difference is one says "MPX100" and the other says "MPX110" on the label.
As far as I am aware you are not able to buy an MPX100 and then code load it to be an MPX110 in the field of visa versa.
They can be codeloaded though, as required.

Mark...
if you have nothing useful to say, say nothing...
Dan Kobus
Occasional Advisor

HP MPX100 iSCSI = Qlogic isr6140 iSCSI

HP MPX110 FCIP = Qlogic isr6142 FCIP - iSCSI

And FYI I have seen a customer setup and use iSCSI on a MPX110!

Page 110 of the CLI Manual for the MPX110,

stats ├в Shows the mpx110 statistics, both FC and iSCSI.
Mark...
Honored Contributor

Hi,
OK, why bother asking the question then if you know the answer?
Feel free to use whatever product you like.
Mark...
if you have nothing useful to say, say nothing...
Dan Kobus
Occasional Advisor

Well to get back to the real question - MPX110 iSCSI Support. Is this supported by HP!

Due to the answers i have recieved from support, forums and externally I would say No.

I should have stated the question as; The MPX110 can run iSCSI will HP support this configuration.