MSA Storage
1753766 Members
5594 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSA 1000, RH ES3, FCA2214 - cannot partition device

Ken Wright_1

MSA 1000, RH ES3, FCA2214 - cannot partition device

I have an MSA 1000 that has been in production for almost 2 years serving Windows 2000 servers with FCA2101 HBA's, connected through a Brocade Silkwork 8 port fiber switch. I am now attempting to attached a Redhat ES3 server using the FCA2214 HBA. The driver builds and installs correctly. The MSA 1000 is visible & configurable from this server via the web based cpqacuxe utility. SSP has been set to allow access to a particular LUN. The problem is that the sg0 device has an ID of 0 which prevents partioning, etc. I have run out of things to try and places to look for info. I have attached all relevant screen scrapes.

Can anyone provide some insight to resolution?

Thanks,

Ken
4 REPLIES 4
david5337_1
Regular Advisor

Ken,
I find this message as "scsi(0): LIP reset occurred"in your report.
I suppose that you need to change HBA,switch port type to fabric.Now these maybe loop type.
Good luck!
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

"LIP reset occured" is a 'stupid' message that I have also seen in fabric environments.

LUN #0 (device type 12) is a pseudo device used for communication with the array controller and REPORT LUN. It looks like your SSP is not correct or you need to tell your Linux system to configure 'multiple LUN support'.

Remember to set the proper profile on your new connections...
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Oops, it looks like you are still using version 1.16 firmware on the MSA, right?

That one has a completely different LUN mapping. I am afraid you have to upgrade everything to a new supported level, sorry.
Ken Wright_1

Thankyou both for your replies! Some of the mystery unfolds ;-)

Uwe, regarding the firmware version, is there some documentation that you can point me to that provides a history of the firmware versions and what features or bugs were addressed in each?

Thanks again,

Ken