MSA Storage
1748038 Members
5189 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSA 1000 old firmware

pooley91

MSA 1000 old firmware

We are using Securepath 3 and desperately need a copy of firmware v1.18 but cannot find it anywhere - does anybody know where I can find it.

I'm desperate !!!!

Cheers

Mike
4 REPLIES 4
James Muell
Valued Contributor

I may have it at work. I will check monday and attach it. You could also call HP tech support and they may be able to give you a link to older MSA1000 firmware versions.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

I suggest upgrading the environment to a current level. There is a customer advisory which says that there are new controllers which are incompatible with old firmware.
pooley91

Thanks for the replies.

James, if you do have a copy that would be most useful. We're actually decommissioning this system so only actually need to get it up and running for a maximum of 12 weeks.

I spoke to HP tech support late into friday night but they do not have a copy 1.18 software and recommended using MPIO or upgrading to SecurePath 4.

Neither of these options are satisfactory.

Regards

Mike
Corey Chapman

Mike,
Just in case you've not already found it, here's the 1.18 firmware for an MSA1000.

Like yourself, I have an environment that was stuck on 1.18. Came to learn that the EMU Firmware 1.86 is not compatible with the 1.18 Controller firmware. It works, but we were seeing the occasional oddball problem. After some heated discussions we made the decision to move to 4.48 which we're still in the process of doing.

I highly recommend you move to the 4.48 controller firmware as soon as you can. Be aware that migrating from 1.18 to 4.48 will (most likely) require updates to HBA drivers/firmware and SecurePath depending on what veresions you are currently running.

Cheers,
Corey