New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSA 1050 1GbE scenario

SOLVED
Go to solution
Alberto2
Occasional Contributor

MSA 1050 1GbE scenario

Hi all,

I've a question in regards of the scenario attached, could works?

Can I connect all port of the severs in order to interpose a switch to manage the iSCSI to the SAN?

Let me know you suggestion!

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Al

3 REPLIES 3
Benjamin_Smith
HPE Pro

Direct Connection via iSCSI is supported in principle, but it does depend on the OS and whether a hardware initiator will be used. 

For example, VMWare do not support Direct Conenction over iSCSI except for on a few arrays owned by their parent company, Dell/EMC.  So, if you're using VMware the answer is no.  If using another Operating System it's more than likley we will support it provided that OS is supported with the array.

If using a hardware Initiator then it will need to be explicitly qualified, but when using what is usually the OSs software Inititiator then the NIC does not need qualification. 

Both of these points can be verified within SPOCK: https://h20272.www2.hpe.com/spock/

Accept or Kudo
Alberto2
Occasional Contributor

Thank's for a quick response.

I'm using HPE server DL 360 Gen9 and the scope of the SAN MSA introduction is to have a Storage for a Microsoft 2012 Failover Cluster with SQL and shared memory.

This scenario could also valid with those details?

Best Regards

Al

Benjamin_Smith
HPE Pro
Solution

Yes, supported. Refer to page 5 of the relevant matrix within SPOCK by cross referencing the OS and array.  I can't attached a PDF here so there is a screenshot instead. 

Regards,

Accept or Kudo