MSA Storage
1753440 Members
4644 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: MSA 1050 #restoredefaults on running MSA - will it only reset the passwords?

SOLVED
Go to solution
ShauneHowarth
Visitor

MSA 1050 #restoredefaults on running MSA - will it only reset the passwords?

Hi all,

As per the title, if we carry out the restoredefaults process provided by HP (contractor lost MSA manager password) will this affect the volumes, pools, iscsi targets etc that we have on the array?

Needless to say, I am a little hesitant to proceed

Thanks,

Shaune

6 REPLIES 6

Re: MSA 1050 #restoredefaults on running MSA - will it only reset the passwords?

As you haven't mentioned detailed steps that was recommended so I am assuming your query related to "restore defaults" command.

I would suggest you to check details from Command line guide,

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-a00017709en_us (Page no 138 and 598)

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I am an HPE employee

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo

Can you please help us to understand if the issue got resolved or not?

If issue got resolved then how? This will help for everyone who are all following your forum.

Also request you to mark the forum as resolved if there is no more outstanding query from your end on this issue.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I am an HPE employee

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
ShauneHowarth
Visitor

Okay, based on that documentation the host controllers will cause connectivity loss and need 'some' reconfiguration to 'restore host access to volumes'.

Can we then make a config backup of the running system as a monitor user so we can restore the config after #restoredefaults?

Thanks in advance,

Shaune

There is no such config backup and restore option available in MSA. However you can download MSA log which will have all configuration details. Later by checking the log you can re-configure. Otherwise manually you need to take screenshot to keep all information ready.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I am an HPE employee

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
ShauneHowarth
Visitor

Thanks for the quick answer!

Are all the settings I need there as 'monitor' user or are some hidden?

Thanks,

Shaune

Solution

As per my understanding with "monitor" privilage or roles you can view everything but can't change anything.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I am an HPE employee

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo