5504 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSA 1500 SAN

SOLVED
Go to solution
AGK Simpson

MSA 1500 SAN

I've just had a drive failure on MSA1500 which put the amber light on the drive and amber light on the controller. The failed drive has been replaced and has successfully rebuilt. The amber light is now off on the drive, but remains on on the controller, and there are no messages other than the ones that related to the failure, and the unplugging an replugging of the drive. I seem to recall I need to indicate that the message has been read, but don't know how. Does anyone know how I get the amber light to show green?

2 REPLIES 2
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor
Solution

You can press the left+right button together to remove the current message from the display.

There is another mechanism: by default the red light is on as long as there is at least one error message that has not been seen, even if the current message is not indication an error.

Use the up/down keys to navigate through all messages. As soon as all error messages have been seen at least once. The red light will no longer show on non-error messages.

If will still be on if the current message indicates an error recardless if it has been seen.
AGK Simpson

Thanks for the reply Uwe Zessin, helped greatly. I had scrolled through all the messages that were related to the disk failure prior to my post, but when I scrolled back further than the STARTUP COMPLETE message from the last time it was powered on, it appears there was a message that the controller thought hadn't been read, so remained lit. Having scrolled all the way back the light is now extinguished.

Thanks for your Help