1753797 Members
7095 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSA 1500 cs - Cant see drives in Windows

Rob Brocklehurst

MSA 1500 cs - Cant see drives in Windows

Hello,

Possible missing something quite obvious here but...

I have a Proliant DL380 G5, brand new out of the box, installed a Qlogic fibre card which is connected to an MSA1500 cs.

I can view the drives fine through HP Array Config Util and partition the drives as we require them, but i cannot see the drives in Windows Disk Management.

Any help would be great

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
BR771684

Re: MSA 1500 cs - Cant see drives in Windows

Hello Rob,

Did you think of the selective storage presentation.
The lun must be connect to the server.

With regards,

Otto Warlich
Rob Brocklehurst

Hello,

Thanks for the reply, but managed to work out whats happening.

The MSA has two controllers, configured by the HP engineer who installed the kit, each controller has a fibre card linked to two fibre switches and i had one fibre card in the server that was 'unfortunately' i connected the servers fibre to the fibre switch that was connected to the MSA controller that was not controlling the disks. Think we are getting HP back into make the controllers 'active active' (i think) so there is failover.

Thanks
James Muell
Valued Contributor

If you are planning to go to active-active firmware, understand that using 1 HBA connected to one controller will still mean a loss of connectivity whenever the controller your connected to klunks over.
Rob Brocklehurst

Hello,

Ive now have two HBA's installed, one connected to one switch which in turn is connected to one of the controllers and the other HBA is connected to another switch which is plugged into the second controller, so from what i believe, if the controller is running either 'active active' or 'active passive' there should be failover regardless of which controller fails? I could be reading this wring though, so any advice is greatly received.