Did you mean: 

MSA 2000 G3 FC and StorageWorks 4/8 optical switch

SOLVED
Go to solution
Denis Osipov
Occasional Contributor

MSA 2000 G3 FC and StorageWorks 4/8 optical switch

Hi!

We have newly purchased MSA 2000 G3 FC, and very old optical switch (A8000A). This switch works wit our old MSA 1500 CS and MSA 2000 FC storage systems, but it doesn't works with G3. Servers connected to switch does'nt see mapped volumes, and storage doens't discover any server. Then I connect MSA G3 to server directly via FC loop - everything works perfectly. We don't have hard zoning configuration on the switch, we are try auto and manual speed\port mode settings on G3 FC port.

What's wrong?

3 REPLIES 3
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: MSA 2000 G3 FC and StorageWorks 4/8 optical switch

Hello!

When you connected the P2000 G3 to the SAN switch - did you set the port type to "not loop" as well?

On the switch, does the P2000 G3 log on to the fabric?

Hit switchshow in the CLI to see if it has, you should see a WWN on the port where the P2000 is connected.

Hard zoning - Then do you have soft zoning on the switch? Or do you not have any zoning at all?

Denis Osipov
Occasional Contributor

Yes, port settings are 4GB\point-to-point on all interfaces. And I can see G3 using switchshow command:

6   6   id    N4   Online           F-Port  24:70:00:c0:ff:10:aa:a8

I have configured some soft zones, for testing purposes I create another basic zone and add all G3 WWN and one of testing server WWNs in to it. And I find my mistake - I didn't add new zone to active config.

Thanks!

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Great :) Easy to miss!