MSA Storage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSA 2000, changed management subnet, can no longer connect to management website or ping IP

Fatboy40
Occasional Visitor

MSA 2000, changed management subnet, can no longer connect to management website or ping IP

Pretty much as this posts subject.

The management ports IP address has been left the same but I changed the subnet from 255.255.255.0 to 255.255.0.0 and now I can no longer ping the IP address of the management port or access the web management (the clients I'm trying to manage it from connected to it fine in the past and their IP settings are correct).

My VMware cluster still connects to the SAN ports fine though.

Am I up s**t creek and now need to restarts the controllers to get the IP management back ?, thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Fatboy40
Occasional Visitor

Re: MSA 2000, changed management subnet, can no longer connect to management website or ping IP

...  it looks like I need to restart just the management controller using the mini serial cable, which I don't have, but at least I have the part number to see if my usual supliers can source it.

giladzzz
Honored Contributor

Re: MSA 2000, changed management subnet, can no longer connect to management website or ping IP

Hi

If you only changed the subnet you should be able

to connect directly to the controller with a laptop or another computer and from there you can set

the correct ip address for the controller

Regards

Fatboy40
Occasional Visitor

You'd like to think that but nope, no joy :-(

After much digging around in a mess of cables I found the CLI one and restarted the management controllers, everythings's OK now.