1753818 Members
8629 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

MSA 2000 mib

nopan
Occasional Visitor

MSA 2000 mib

please tell me the mib for health physical disks. Looked MIB browser, but nothing like not found.

4 REPLIES 4
Preethi_C
HPE Pro

Re: MSA 2000 mib

Hi, 

You can download the MIBs from the following webpage:

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_3f061bd4c08a4dbd977bf4a51d&swEnvOid=2025#

Regards,

Preethi

I work for HPE!
If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

Accept or Kudo

Venkat-V
HPE Pro

Hi Nopan,

Basically MIB files are not used to monitor the Health of physical drives or any other components of the MSA,
MSA its self monitors the Health of the compoents and reports the event in the MSA Event log,  MSA do not sent the complete events to the SNMP Server, it converts the event  in to SNMP Traps and sent to the SNMP Server,

When the SNMP server receives the Trap, it decodes the Trap using the Respective Array MIB files(MSA2040 or P2000 etc) and displays the event in readable format. 

So there is no MIB file required to check the Health of the Hard drive,  its a single MIB file which can  decode all the SNMP Traps sent by the MSA.
Hope this helps!

Regards,

Venkat.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

GastonAguilar
Established Member

Hi:

I am trying to understand the file msa2000traps.mib, because when I opened it with a MIB browser I can find traps defined on it. All the oids that end with .300x number that are defined on it file are correctly shown on this kind of tools but traps defined only in this file can´t be procesed by nagiosxi. Rest of files with traps, as example RFC-1215, Nagios XI can process it and add the traps definitions, in this case for example all OIDs that end in 11.0.x or cpqsinfo traps that end in 232.0.200x.

I can´t arrive at a conclusion at this time but basically traps contained in msa2000traps.mib file, are not detected by Nagios XI and it file is unusable at this time for our end.

Can you give me some feedback on it?.

Thank you.

Gastón

Sunitha_Mod

@GastonAguilar 

Hello Gastón, 

Thank you for writing to us! Since you have posted in an old topic and there is no response yet, I would recommend you create a new topic using the create "New Discussion" button, so the experts can check and assist you further. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo