5080 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: MSA 2012i UPDATE

Plazmitron1999
Occasional Advisor

MSA 2012i UPDATE

Good day!

Please, help me to deal with a firmware on MSA2012i J212P01(A). I have to update a firmware for my MSA, but I do not know how to get back, if the update fails... How to roll back? To previous firmware? 

True, I'm a little worried///

Thanks!

Catherine.

5 REPLIES 5
Josh94K
HPE Pro

Hello @Plazmitron1999 
I hope you are doing well. !
Please refer to the following document to guide you through the firmware upgrade procedure. 

link https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=sf000063636en_us&docLocale=en_US

should you have any further query please let me know.

@Plazmitron1999    I hope this helps!
If you feel this was helpful, Please HIT that KUDOS!  thumb below!

Note: "While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company."

Accept or Kudo

I work for HPE.

@Plazmitron1999 

Please refer below link and check "Installation Instructions" tab to get both procedure through SMU and FTP,

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/swd/detail?swItemId=MTX_987beb85edd0413f81c2b706b5#tab3

You can also refer release notes and got to "Installation instructions" section to get all details,

https://downloads.hpe.com/pub/softlib2/software1/pubsw-linux/p487091724/v83834/537811-008_MSA2000_Jxx2P01_fw_relnotes.html

From release note search with keyword "downgrade" to get downgrade related instructions as well.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I am an HPE employee

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

***********************************************************************************

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
Plazmitron1999
Occasional Advisor

SUBHAJIT KHANBARMAN_1, Thank you so muuush!

I understand correctly, that after an unsuccessful update, I can run this file (Smart Component cp024308.exe)  again and Smart Component will offer to downgrade?  Or I I need to get *.exe with the previous version the firmware? Or I can keep the current firmware?

Catherine.

@Plazmitron1999 

If you try to update with cp024308.exe file which is actually J212P01(A) and firmware update unsuccessful for any reason then your MSA controller will be automatically with the version which was before this firmware update try.

Downgrade concept comes into picture if you intentionally want to move from one version to another version which is  old version that is called downgrade and for that you need that specific version of firmware as well. You won't get the old firmware as part of cp024308.exe. For example, lets say your MSA is running with J212R10-03 and you tried to upgrade to J212P01(A) but for some reason this got unsuccessful. Then you can try again as well but in case update unsuccessful then your controller will remain at old version J212R10-03.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I am an HPE employee

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

***********************************************************************************

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
Josh94K
HPE Pro

Hello ! @Plazmitron1999 
Good day, 
just checking in to see if you have any further questions on the Firmware upgrade. 
If Yes, please let us know, else you may mark this forum post as solved   

@Plazmitron1999  I hope this helps! 
If you feel this was helpful, Please HIT that KUDOS!  thumb below!

Accept or Kudo

I work for HPE.