4138 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: MSA 2040 C8R09A Battery

SOLVED
Go to solution
IgorStarostov

MSA 2040 C8R09A Battery

I have a MSA2040. In SMU An error occured on both controllers. (The coin battery in this controller module either is not present, is not properly seated, or has reached end-of-life). What type of battery does the C8R09A controller use? What is its purpose? 

6 REPLIES 6
SahanaR
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi Igor,

The battery provides backup power for the real-time (date/time) clock.

To fix the alert,I would recommend you to follow the below action.

Warning

The coin battery is not present, is not properly seated, or has reached end-of-life

The battery provides backup power for the real-time (date/time) clock. In the event of a power failure, the date and time will revert to 1980-01-01 00:00:00.

Recommended actions

Replace the controller module that logged this event.

Regarding what type of battery used,I am trying to get that information.Since this is an embedded part in the controller I do not have much information on it.

Also we replace the entire controller module for warnings related to coin battery.

You can also check all the events and its description in this guide https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-c03791995.

Hope this was helpful!

Sahana@R
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
IgorStarostov

Thank you for your answer! 

Aod15
Occasional Advisor

Dear all,

Do we can replacement battery only ? I see on HP MSA battery use parts 660093-001.

Thank you very much.

Aod15

Josh94K
HPE Pro

Hello ! @Aod15 Hope you are doing well. 

Part Number660093-001
Capacitor pack with 914mm (36 in) cable. For use with 512MB/1GB/2GB cache module - Provides backup power to the flash-based write cache (FBWC) memory module for up to 80 seconds in the event of a system power failure. For use with Smart Array controllers

Linkhttps://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-c03820001

The battery is embedded into the controller and, as far as I know, they replace the controller itself.  

@Aod15   I hope this helps! 
If you feel this was helpful, Please HIT that KUDOS!  thumb below!

Note: "While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company."

Accept or Kudo

I work for HPE.
Aod15
Occasional Advisor

Hi all,

I restart controller , After restart the MAS 2040 statatus is Normally, Not has error. It's look good.

Aod15
Occasional Advisor

Hi, 

Yes sir, This parts C8R09A controller is correctly.