8323 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

MSA 2040 Performance DiskGroup Quarantined QTOF after crash

ximiq
Frequent Visitor

MSA 2040 Performance DiskGroup Quarantined QTOF after crash

Hello 

I try to bring back a virtual pool with a faulted perfomace disk group after a crash for on controller i was able to remove the diskgroup an restart. But the disk group of the other controller is not doing well.

when I try to remove the disk group I end up with 

# remove disk-groups PerformaceTierB
Error: The operation failed because the disk group is quarantined. - Failed to remove the virtual disk groups. (xxxx...yyyyy)
Error: The operation failed because the disk group is quarantined. (2020-10-06 15:51:25)

When I try to dequarantine

# dequarantine disk-group PerformaceTierB
Removing this disk group from quarantine will take the disk group offline and could result in irreversible data loss.
Do you want to continue? (y/n) y
Error: The requested operation cannot be completed because the target disk group is an internal component. - Disk group PerformaceTierB was not dequarantined. (PerformaceTierB)
Error: The requested operation cannot be completed because the target disk group is an internal component. (PerformaceTierB) - Disk group PerformaceTierB was not dequarantined. (2020-10-06 15:57:31)

any ideas are wellcome to fix my problem.

1 REPLY 1

Re: MSA 2040 Performance DiskGroup Quarantined QTOF after crash

@ximiq 

First of all when any VDG went to QTOF state then you shouldn't have try anything. You should always take help from HPE support officially if your MSA comes under proper support contract and HPE Support will try to recover the VDG. You may not need to think about delete any VDG or Pool.

QTOF state means it's multiple drive failure or unavailable situation due to which VDG RAID is failed. This requires special investigation to try and fix it on a best effort basis.

I have noticed errors that you are getting for which you need to check with HPE support as there are special commands to delete the VDG which is not possible to share in public forum.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I am an HPE employee

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo