cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSA 2040 Tiering very low IOPS and awful performance

oli_4
Advisor

MSA 2040 Tiering very low IOPS and awful performance

something is wrong with the MSA 2040 performance tiering, i can only have about 5k IOPS out of it while i have another SAN P2000 G3 which is providing 16K for the same workload.

Both SAN are FC are connected through HP 8/24 SAN switches. can you help me diagnosis the issue ?as i am running out of ideas

we are using HP DL 360p Gen8 as hyperV host for the virtualised workload.

12 REPLIES 12
HPSDMike
HPE Pro

Re: MSA 2040 Tiering very low IOPS and awful performance

Hello,

Please consider uploading configuration information so the group can help. Please also consider opening an HPE support case if your device is covered under support. 

To generate text file of the config:

• Using Putty (or other SSH client), open a connection to your MSA and log in. 
  • Turn off page display pausing by typing 'set cli-parameters pager off' 
  • Turn on output logging from Putty to a text file
  • Execute the command 'show configuration' 
  • Upload the text file to a message on the thread

Note that this file will have information in it about your host names, IP addresses, device name, etc. If you are concerned about sharing that then you can edit out what you are concerened sharing or I can private message you a URL to upload the file to. You can also generate a support log and upload that to the URL I send. Attaching something to this message will allow more people to view and suggest options versus private URL. Note that I will be out of the office EOD today for 9 days. I'll take a look at anything that gets uploaded over the next few hours. 

I work for HPE. The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from the company. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.

Accept or Kudo

oli_4
Advisor

kindly private message with a URL.  so i can upload the file

HPSDMike
HPE Pro

Done, please check private mail. 

I work for HPE. The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from the company. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.

Accept or Kudo

oli_4
Advisor

done on the URL given.

I am having issues to opload the file here. it doesnt accept txt file format?

HPSDMike
HPE Pro

File received

Accept or Kudo