1748246 Members
3035 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSA 2040 VVols

amosperrins
Collector

MSA 2040 VVols

I'm struggling to find any definitive proof as to whether the MSA 2040 supports VVols with VSphere 6.5 (my gut is that it doesn't) - could anybody point me in the right direction? I'm aware that there's VAAI & VASA support and I've seen a post elsewhere that claims that the 2040 does indeed support VVols through OneView for VCenter (we have version 9 installed but, as this is a production system, currently only set with read permissions).

Thanks for you time! ЁЯШК

3 REPLIES 3

MSA does not support ESX vVols.

I work for HPE and there is no information with me regarding this.

You can also check from VMware Compatibility link and search for Virtual Volume supported HPE Storage products. Attached is the screenshot for your reference.

https://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/search.php?deviceCategory=vvols

I am interested to see the article or link you have mentioned where it's provided that MSA2040 supports ESX vvols

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

***********************************************************************************

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
amosperrins
Collector

Hi Subhajit,

Thanks for the info. The posting I saw was regarding VASA support - my mistake! Are there any plans for VVOL support in a future firmware release for the MSA?

Thanks again.

There is no information from Engineering team or Product management team as well regarding future of VVOL use for MSA. So I would suggest to close this topic as of now and mark this as solution so that others can get the update

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

***********************************************************************************

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo