1753393 Members
7230 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSA 2040 Web Connection?

Tedkilroy
Occasional Contributor

MSA 2040 Web Connection?

Hello everyone, I am new to this device and I believe it has ran it's life support. I am trying to figure out how to connect to either controller via a ethernet cable to access the web interface.

Can anyone more experience share their knowledge on this task? I have a laptop on the same network and access to both straight/cross cables and plugged into both controller ports on the MSA 2040 but keeping "Page can not be displayed".

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: MSA 2040 Web Connection?

Are you able to ping any of the MSA controller management IPs ?

If not then better to configure your Laptop in some IP and then connect cross cable to one of the management port of the Controller. Then send full broadcast IP 255.255.255.255. Then watch from which IP you are getting response that will be your controller management IP.

Otherwise connect Serial cable to MSA controller CLI port and try to access Controllers. Please find the links which will help you,

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03820027

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_f7441b0018c143ac88d83572e8

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

***********************************************************************************

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
Tedkilroy
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for responding Subhajit, I have a site that I followed. I ran two patch cables to a Brocade switch and was able to access through the SAN IP address/browser. I am waiting feedback on purchasing support since this device is discontiunued.

Looks like I might have the B controller gone bad the staus is down. I tried to restart the controller  and I get "Failed to restart Controller Controller B. Just out of curiosity how much can they cost?

Shawn_K
HPE Pro

Hello,

Just to clarify, the MSA 2040 is officially End of Life. This means there is no new product introduction but there still is support for the product and you will be able to buy new components such as a controller. Depending on your country location, the list price for a new MSA 2040 SAN controller will be somehwere around $4500 USD. (Your price may vary.)

Cheers,

Shawn

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

Tedkilroy
Occasional Contributor

Wow that much. wondering if I should just move to the 2050?