MSA Storage
1748112 Members
3462 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: MSA 2040 transfer dedicated LUN for Vcenter on Windows Server 2019 for Hyper-V.

Baha_koks
Occasional Visitor

MSA 2040 transfer dedicated LUN for Vcenter on Windows Server 2019 for Hyper-V.

Good afternoon.

The situation is. We have a cluster on Vmware Vcenter hypervisor-on MSA 2040 storage with Dedicated moons for virtual machines.
We plan to move to a Windows Server 2019-based HYPER-V hypervisor. use the same MSA2040. Tell me can I peremabiri the moon from one hypervisor to another without data loss and on a Hyper-v Host c is Connected moons data *.VMDX re-convert to .*The VHD.

1 REPLY 1
Shawn_K
HPE Pro

Re: MSA 2040 transfer dedicated LUN for Vcenter on Windows Server 2019 for Hyper-V.

Hello,

There are ways to convert a VMDX to a VHD but they have strict limitations that depend upon the versions of ESXi, VM workatations, online converstions (not supported), anti-virus software, security settings, and network settings to name a few. There is risk doing this type of a conversion.

If you are concerned about data loss, my suggestion is:

- Take a full backup of all the data
- Create a new Hyper-V
- Copy the data to the new Hyper-V

Cheers,
Shawn

I work for Hewlett Packard Enterprise. The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from HPE. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo