cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSA 2050 Drive not seen in system view

kane13
Occasional Contributor

MSA 2050 Drive not seen in system view

I have an MSA 2050 and one of my drives is no longer visable in system view. Ive replaced the drive but nothing has changed. Am I missing something?

Thanks in Advance

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Shawn_K
HPE Pro

Re: MSA 2050 Drive not seen in system view

Hello,

You replaced a drive - is that new drive not showing up now? Are you sure it is a good drive?

To determine if the issue is a drive or a drive slot try either of the following options.

Option 1: If you have another empty drive slot, try placing a good working drive in that slot. If the drive shows up and is accessible, then place the known good drive into the slot that is not showing up. If the drive shows up then the problem is bad drives. If a known good drive does not show up in that drive slot then the issue may be the chassis (been pin or damaged backplane) and you will need to contact support.

Option 2: If all your drive slots are full and you have a good drive that is either marked as Available or Global Spare, try moving that good working drive to the drive slot that is not showing up. If the drive does show up then your problem is the previous drive is not a good drive. If a known good drive does not show up in that drive slot then the issue may be the chassis (been pin or damaged backplane) and you will need to contact support. Do not move a drive that is in a disk-group and actively servicing data/host IO.

If you can't find the component that is causing the events to occur, then please open a support case with HPE Support using the following web link: https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/home

Please be sure to collect Array Logs before you open the ticket.

Cheers,
Shawn

I work for Hewlett Packard Enterprise. The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from HPE. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.

Accept or Kudo