108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSA 2050 how to save the configuration file

SOLVED
Go to solution
A525-9410
Occasional Advisor

MSA 2050 how to save the configuration file

help to MSA 2050 how to save the configuration file  in to host  , with WEB SMU .

7 REPLIES 7

I am not sure what exactly you look for but if you collect MSA2050 Store.logs file that contains everything........just follow SMU guide and search for section "Saving log data to a file". This log file contains full configuration along with controller events.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
A525-9410
Occasional Advisor

thanks a lot ,  

we have a scenario for  disaster  , if Major . MSA  one controll . two controller fail. then must keep the  system configuration data for the system .after replace or fix the parts ,  need to restore the   system configuration  data  .

in the SMU Guide seense no description about the  system configuration  backup and restore . 

Solution

Yes there is no concept of Configuration backup and restore in latest models of MSA. That was there I think very old or initial models of MSA like MSA1000 series. However you can make good practice to keep saving MSA logs like data backup. You can also consider configuring "managed logs" option which will automatically save logs time to time. You can refer SMU guide to get details.

If you are satisfied with the answers then consider this as solution and please mark it as solution as well. 

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
RajuEgypt

Hi,

I do have the same issues and same models MSA 2050 SAN .

in theory sounds great. Please advise me in steps how you went through this to save the configs for disaster(rainy days)

I really need to backup this  configs as urgent as possible.

Thanks

Raju

@RajuEgypt........there is no such option to take Configuration backup in MSA2050 model. All you can do is capture MSA logs as part of good practice time to time which contains all MSA configuration as well.

If you want to capture MSA logs systematically then use "managed logs" option so that you can get MSA logs automatically in configured server time to time. Please refer MSA SMU guide to get the details of how to configure the same.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

***********************************************************************************

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
DSowden
Occasional Visitor

Maybe just use putty and adn change settings to logging and all session logging, and run once logged in run the command "Show config". When you close the session all output will be to a text file at the chosen location. Possibly this is not what you were after. We've been tasked with creating Disaster recovery documents for the HPMSA2052 that we have on site, but we are finding that no config recovery tasks exist for this SAN? It does look as though copying the config in this way and recreating may be the only option?

Julienn
Occasional Visitor

Best answer, thanks