108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: MSA 2052 Volume Expansion

SOLVED
Go to solution
AcsPhilly
Visitor

MSA 2052 Volume Expansion

A client has the need to increse the size of an ISCSI volume connected to a physical server.  I added a disk group to Pool A, which is where the volume  draws from.  It appears that the avail space in Pool A has increased, but I don't see the extra space reflected on the physical server that the ISCSI volume is connected to.  Questions:

1)       Is the extra space now avail to the ISCSI volume even though the ISCSI volume doesn't reflect this?
2)       If yes to #1, will the ISCSI drive allow growth beyond its size without issue?
3)       Is there a way to get the ISCSI drive to reflect the extra space?

2 REPLIES 2
sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hello @AcsPhilly,

Please check if you find this discussion chain (about expanding MSA volume) useful:

https://community.hpe.com/t5/MSA-Storage/Expand-virtual-volume-free-pool-disk-group-space-MSA-1050/td-p/7097175#.YnPdI9pByUk

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of the company.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

rakesh_93
HPE Pro
Solution

@AcsPhilly 

After adding a new disk group to expand the pool, you can proceed to expand the volume using the modify option.
page - 101 : Document - HPE MSA 1050/2050 SMU Reference Guide | HPE Support

1. No. Volume should be expanded on the MSA using modify option.
2. You can then rescan adapters/disk management on the host and increase the volume capacity on the host end.

Regards
Rakesh

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo