New Discussion

Re: MSA 2060 and RHL 6.6 - multipathd cfg

SOLVED
Go to solution
llu_2si
Visitor

MSA 2060 and RHL 6.6 - multipathd cfg

Hello,

Im trying to configure multipathd with MSA 2060 in order to see only one path, after using all the guides avaliable im getting the same outcome - 4 visible paths and not 1 from the same LUN. 

Is there anyone who could help me with that? 

I have used the configuration for the MSA 2050, because it was only avaliable for this storage.

https://community.hpe.com/t5/System-Administration/msa-2050-active-active-setup-on-RHEL-6/td-p/7002702#.YbHcn9CZOUk - this guide

and also

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-c01476873-1

3 REPLIES 3
sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hello @llu_2si,

Are all the paths active and communicating?

Which is the host OS? Have you enabled multipathing from the host side?

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of HPE.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

llu_2si
Visitor

Hello,

Thanks for the response,

1. Yes all the paths are active and communicating 

2. Host OS is RHEL 6.6, we've tried to enable it on the multipathd.conf file but the configuration seems to be wrong because we are getting the same outcome - we were basic on the guides listed above. 

Could you tell me how to properly configure the multipathd in order to use one LUN?

JonPaul
HPE Pro
Solution

1st: RHEL 6.6 is not qualified for support on the MSA 2060.  See www.hpe.com/storage/SPOCK  for supported configurations.
If you want/need to go forward with RHEL 6.6 your multipath.conf file needs to include a device section for the product.
vendor  "HPE"
product "MSA 2060 FC"    
Would you post your existing multipath.conf?

I work for HPE