New Discussion

Re: MSA 2062 and Fault-tolerant cabling

SOLVED
Go to solution
A.Maksimov
Advisor

MSA 2062 and Fault-tolerant cabling

Hello.

The "HPE MSA 1060/2060/2062 Installation Guide" specifies only Straight-through cabling for disk enclosures, but not a word about Fault-tolerant cabling.
For MSA storage systems of the previous generation, the document "MSA 2050 Cable Configuration Guide" described two types of connection (Fault-tolerant cabling and Straight-through cabling), but I could not find a similar document for MSA 2060/2062.

Please tell me if this means that Fault-tolerant cabling of disk enclosures to MSA 2062 storage systems is no longer supported by HPE?

We connected 2 LFF disk enclosures to MSA 2062 storage systems in a ring pattern (Fault-tolerant). The storage system did not issue any warnings and disk groups from all disks from the enclosures were successfully created.
However, we are confused by the fact that the Fault-tolerant cabling is not described in the documentation.

2 REPLIES 2
Cali
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

yes, no longer support for so-called ‘fault-tolerant’ SAS cabling for disk enclosures.

This is one from top to bottom and the other Path from bottom to top.

HPE says: Fault-tolerant cabling does not provide any meaningful increase to availability and is slightly less performant.

Only "straight-through", this is both from the top (Controller) to bottom cabling is now supported.

Cali

ACP IT Solutions AGI'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.
A.Maksimov
Advisor

Thanks for the answer, @Cali