108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSA 2312FC SYNC PROBLEM

SOLVED
Go to solution
msa2312fc
Occasional Visitor

MSA 2312FC SYNC PROBLEM

I have two DL360G7 (W2008R2 SP1) in direct attach with storage MSA 2312fc. I create a volume and presented to the hosts. In both servers i see properly the volume. The problem is that if I create a file or folder on this volume from the first server on the other server even when I refresh I can not see what I created until I put the volume offline and then online. Also from the second server to the first the same problem. The only way is to put the disk offline and then put it back online, then I see that I wrote. I thought it was a problem with caching and I tried to put the volume in write-through, but nothing has changed.

Thanks in advance.

Diego

3 REPLIES 3
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello, you need to use a clustered shared volumes for this. Are you? Or are you using normal NTFS file system?
If you use a non-clustered file system you will probably corrupt that file system pretty soon.

See http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd759255.aspx
for some more information.
msa2312fc
Occasional Visitor

@Johan Guldmyr wrote:
Hello, you need to use a clustered shared volumes for this. Are you? Or are you using normal NTFS file system?
If you use a non-clustered file system you will probably corrupt that file system pretty soon.

See http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd759255.aspx
for some more information.

In effect i'm using ntfs, not clustered shared volume. Then is normal to have this problem until i enable clustered shared volume? i't impossible share a lun between two host without clustered shared volume?

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Yes then it is normal to have this problem.

I would say for you with Windows and two machines the easiest way is to use CSV.

You could use some other file system that supports clustering (more than one host accessing the file system) or for example NFS/CIFS but then you need a gateway.