1753856 Members
7522 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: MSA 30

Ricky1961
Occasional Visitor

MSA 30

I have an MSA30 SAN and the blowers went out.  I replaced the blowers/power supplies and now the drives fail to initialize.  I ordered a new EMU module that I think may be the issue.  I did notice that the enclosure did get very hot.  The LED port on the EMU, is that port accessable via an RJ45 cable?  If so, how do you connect to the enclosure?  Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hello @Ricky1961,

Can you please confirm the MSA model? Is the issue with the specific enclosure? Please provide the enclosure specs as well.  When drives fail to initialise, do you see any errors?

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of the company.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Shawn_K
HPE Pro

@Ricky1961 

The MSA30 went End of Support Life June 30 2016. Please be sure this is the system you are referring to as these are extremely old systems and HPE no longer has active parts for them. Ordering parts from other sources then becomes an issue whether those parts are valid.

The port you referenced is an engineering port and not used for enclosure management.

I work for Hewlett Packard Enterprise. The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from HPE. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.

Cheers,
Shawn

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo