108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: MSA Controller's critical error

Plazmitron1999
Occasional Advisor

MSA Controller's critical error

Good day!

Errors started after update...

After "remove all drives half of the bay ...and Take out Controller B half way as well", I'm able to access Controller A... and when take out controller A - I'm able to access Controller B...

23.jpg

In my opinion the controllers are ok and the disks too.

Both controllers (A + B) are available in SMU. But...

After reboot managment controller A (CLI: restart mc a) and reboot storage controller A (CLI: restart sc a) appears error: power Supply and I/O module statuses were reported differently on Controller A and Controller B. Incorrectly reported the components were in a degraded state.

ON CONTROLLER A:

21.jpg

ON CONTROLLER B HARDWARE IS OK.

BUT: If  reboot storage controller B (CLI: restart sc b) appears the same error on cotroller B (power Supply and I/O module statuses were reported differently on Controller A and Controller B. Incorrectly reported the components were in a degraded state). Meanwhile, on controller A hardware is ok!

And I have many errors "61" in logs:

22.jpg

It's just crazy game!

I did not find a description of such an error in the documentation..

Hope for your experience.

Catherine

3 REPLIES 3
PrashantS
HPE Pro

Hi Catherine,

What about the firmware for both the controller? Are we running same code on both the MSA?

Is it also reporting - A Failover initiated, failover set B. even when the controller is not there?

Prashant S. 

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Plazmitron1999
Occasional Advisor

Oooo! Thank you for comment!

On both the controllers A/B  firmware version - J212P01. Today, I installed the update again: The process completed successfully on both controllers. But the error hasn't gone away...

I suppose, that problem is in Expander Controller... Version EC not displayed on controller A. (Before restarting controller B, the version EC was displayed on controller A and vice versa).

32.jpg

31.jpg

It's horrible......

Catherine.

PrashantS
HPE Pro

Hi,

I think the exanpder has gone bad on the MSA controller. 

Which is part of the controller module which help connect internal drives and external enclosures. 

SAS expander.PNG

Either you can shutdown the controller A and use the MSA with controller B OR you can buy a new controller from HPE. 

Thanks,

Prashant S. 

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo